Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Final Comment

Overall I am extremely pleased with the outcome of my three smaller paintings. I experimented with  a lot of colour and different techniques. I tried painting faster this time around and using a looser painting technique. I feel that I got a very peaceful and calming sense throughout all of the paintings, especially the ones with the warmer colours. I wish I had spent more time on the Caribbean painting so I could change the water to a lighter tone near the beach, or even take out the beach in all. I was extremely pleased with the outcome of the Georgian Bay scene as that was my favourite of the three. Overall I felt the key to my success was the medium I used. I was really liking the oil paints and the thickness that they have. By now I feel that I have a great idea of what oil paint is like. Overall I was happy with the turnout of these three paintings and also my larger landscape painting that I did previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment